Show energy, a sense of humour and smile. Never say specific things, going for descriptions to the minute details.
Applicants should sit up straight, answer all Teach For America interview questions clearly and concisely, and avoid over-elaboration.
Teach For America Phone interview questions:
- Give me examples of projects tasks you started on your own.
- What is your expected salary?
- What do you think of your previous boss?
- How important is it for you to have a career at Teach For America?
- What do you feel is the best educational preparation for this job?
- How do you get a peer or colleague to accept one of your ideas?
- Situation in which you had to arrive at a compromise.
- Describe a decision you made that was unpopular.
- What do you do when your schedule is interrupted? How you handle it.
- If offered the job, how long do you plan to stay at Teach For America?
- What do you think you can bring to this position?
- How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
- What would be your ideal working environment?
- Could you describe a difficult problem and how you dealt with it?
- Why should Teach For America hire you?
- How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
- Give an example of how you set goals and achieve them.
- What support training would you require to be able to do this job?
Be fluent and confident about describing yourself and your personal capital. Provide several reasons including skills, experience and interest. Discuss all your major achievements till that point in time.
Tricky Teach For America Phone interview questions:
- How has your college experience prepared you for a career at Teach For America?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- What would you say are your strong points?
- How quickly do you make decisions?
- When you achieved a great deal in a short amount of time.
- How do you define your key team members?
Be sure to ask about what will happen next in the hiring process. Be positive about the experience and accept personal responsibility where applicable.
Print out your resume and bring multiple copies to the Teach For America interview.
Teach For America interview questions for Group job interview:
- What are your salary requirements at Teach For America?
- Do you have the qualities and skills necessary to succeed in your career?
- How did you go about making assignments?
- What did you do to prepare for this job interview?
- How did you react when faced with constant time pressure?
- What are your weaknesses?
Teach For America interview questions for Situational interview:
- What motivates you to work at Teach For America?
- How will your greatest strength help you perform?
- What is your greatest achievement outside of work?
- How would you decide on your objectives?
- List five words that describe your character.
- What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make?
Answer Teach For America interview questions